We put safety
front & center
front & center
Safety-certified to exceed all industry standards by 8x
8x safer, 5x lighter.
Unlike all-weighted baby sleepwear that can weigh up to 2 pounds, our Cuddle Pads safely produce a soothing effect with just a few ounces. With Nested Bean, you’ve always got the safe alternative to all-weighted sleepwear.
Compliance: How we ensure weight safety
Exceeds all AAP Guidelines
Our products are designed to adhere to American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) physiotherapy standards and Guidelines for Safe Sleep, which recommends a weight-to-body ratio of 1:10. Zen Sleepwear™ products feature a self-contained Cuddle Pad™ which has a total weight of 1-5 ounces (as compared with all-weighted competitor sleepwear that weighs 2 pounds.)
Adheres to all Consumer Product Safety Commission requirements
Zen Sleepwear complies with all PSC guidelines around product construction, flammability and more. The Cuddle Pad is self-contained and cannot cause overheating, and the gentle weight does not restrict movement: For example, the Zen Sack™ is safe for tummy sleepers, rollers and side sleepers.
Construction: How sleeping safely feels
Exceptional care, craftsmanship and attention to detail go into construction of all our Zen Sleepwear, as part of our dedication to sleep safety and commitment to sustainability.
• Natural fabrics
We offer 100% super soft, breathable cotton for year-round comfort, or 70% bamboo fabric for luxurious softness, natural moisture wicking and temperature regulation.
Zen Sleepwear products do not contain harmful dyes and are made to withstand flammability without toxic chemicals.
• Easy accessibility
Soft Velcro closures, 2-way zippers and adjustable straps are just a few of the features you’ll find in various Zen Sleepwear products that keep safety in easy reach.
• Rigorous QC at every turn
Throughout the product development process, we work with a variety of safety laboratories to ensure the highest quality control and compliance with safety guidelines. All of our partner labs are fully accredited by the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Swaddling safety tips
While no sleepwear can prevent SIDS, experts maintain that proper swaddling may reduce your baby’s risk. Nested Bean offers 2 kinds of gently weighted swaddles: The Zen One™, which zips up and contains a secure belly band, and The Zen Swaddle®, which wraps like a traditional swaddle. Regardless of which swaddle you pick, it should not be used with infants less than 7 pounds. It should always be used as instructed, and should only be used with infant placed on back. Discontinue swaddling when baby shows signs of rolling over.
Zen One™ safety tips• When placing your baby in the product, make sure the neckline falls right at the base of baby’s neck so the product does not rise up as baby moves.
• When the secure band is not being used to position the baby’s hands by their sides, it should be secured around the baby’s belly to prevent the product from rising up.
• The Zen One safely adapts to every sleep style from birth to rolling over. Learn more about how to use the Zen One for newborns, active sleepers and transitioning.
Zen Swaddle® safety tips• Ensure proper positioning of swaddle wings and weighted areas around your baby, by placing infant’s shoulders no lower than 1 ½ inches below the top edge of the back panel.
• Do not allow infants to slide down inside swaddle. Place infants less than 23” tall or less than 1 month old with feet inside the inner pocket and pull pocket over waist. Fold any extra fabric at the bottom of the swaddle up over torso and secure with swaddle wings.
• Swaddle wings must be securely tucked under your infant’s body. Ensure it’s not too tight by slipping your hand between baby and swaddle; it should feel snug but not uncomfortable.
• Ensure that the top edge of swaddle wing is always at the chest level, never above your infant’s neck or covering his or her nose and mouth.
• Never use swaddle with products with restraints such as car seats, strollers, swings, etc.
Testing: How we make sleeping safer
To ensure safety compliance of every product, we put all our Zen Sleepwear through a broad range of mandatory and voluntary tests, such as the ones below:
Construction Safety Testing
Lightweight fabric ensures no overheating due to fabric alone. Our swaddles pose limited/minimal risk of suffocation (intended and unintended use). Cuddle Pads seams prevent poly-beads from escaping. Velcro is not abrasive and zipper ends are covered.
• Co2 Rebreathing
• Suffocation Hazard
• Seam Strength (2)
• Sharp Edges & Sharp Objects (4)
• Small Part Choking Hazard
• Torque & Tension (2)
• Post-Laundering tests (2)
• Size Spec Verification (2)
Fabric Quality Tests
Will product withstand multiple washes. Manufactured with the highest quality fabric. Withstands flammability without flame-retardant chemicals.
• Color Fastness
• Flammability (2)
• Fiber Analysis (2)
All raw materials used to construct Zen Sleepwear are thoroughly tested to ensure that they do not contain harmful chemicals or dyes.
• Lead Detection (5)
• Phthalate Detection (2)
• Cadmium Content Detection (2)
• Azo Dyes Detection
• Formaldehyde Detection
• Fiber Mixture Analysis